Start your mini-adventure with the short but fascinating drive from Moshi up the lush slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro to the village of Materuni, approximately 1,800 m above sea level. This is market garden territory and has the perfect mixture of climate and soil to produce some of the best coffee in Africa. You’ll visit a coffee farm and learn about how coffee is grown, harvested and processed, and you’ll try your hand at roasting and preparing a fresh cup of coffee the Chagga way. After a delightful coffee break (so much better than the ones at work!) you’ll take a beautiful 45-minute hike through the hills and valleys en route to the Materuni Falls.
You’ll pass through banana and coffee plantations, up and down mini-valleys, across ridges and through narrow splashing rivulets. Along the way your guide will teach you about local plants and how they are used for food and traditional medicine, as well as giving you more insight into the local Chagga culture. It’s your chance to ask questions about a lifestyle that’s probably very different from your own! You’ll hear the Falls before you see them, and once they come into view, you might be lucky enough to see a rainbow sheen as the splashing waters split the sunlight.
The Falls are hidden away in a pristine valley with cliffs towering to 200ft overhead. The mountain waters falls straight down in a shimmering curtain to splash in the rippling pool where you can float, take a swim and chill out – literally, as these are pure mountain waters and not yet heated by the sun. But it’ll be welcome after your hike, we bet.
- Nestled in the patchwork foothills of magnificent Kilimanjaro lies the beautiful village of Materuni, home to our Chagga friends and famous for its aromatic, rich coffee. On this fragrant and fun day out you’ll get a chance to make your own cup of coffee the proper way and you’ll find out the secret to the perfect cup of coffee from the local Chagga people. Next you’ll hike the short but challenging route to the Materuni Falls and you can stand under the waters as they cascade into a tranquility pool that’s safe for bathing. And you’ll want to jump straight in – after getting sweaty (ok, glowing!) from your hike, there’s nothing more soothing than floating in the cool waters. Enjoy your packed lunch before or after your swim – there are no rules!
- Transfer from your arrival and departure.
- Car type of Land Cruiser with open roof and other facilities for Tourism.
- Three meals per day, during the game driver two litres of Mineral water.
- Driver Guide and assistant guide’s salary and their entrance fees during the safari.
- No limit during Game Drive.
- All park entrance fees during the Safari.
- Local Guide salary
- All cultural program Flying
- Doctor Insurance
- International Flight from your Country & Airport
- International Insurance.
- Shopping, Alcohol, Souvenirs and etc.
- Tips for Driver Guide & Assistants Guide (we suggest $40 per day per car)
- Sky Balloon Tarangire or Serengeti National Park 540 dollar per Person
At Tales we creating the memories that last forever.
We Will Help You to Plan Your Once In A Lifetime Journey!